Click on the image to see a larger view.
The east side of Main Street at the corner of Brainard Place during the early 1900s. The corner of Bissell Street has a snow covered structure set back from Main Street. This location would later become the site of the State Theater, built in 1924. Store fronts identified such businesses as Madden Brothers, a bicycle shop that also sold Stromberg-Carlson radios, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, J. Goldman's Park Shoe Store, and the ?? Drug Company.
Compare this scene with the modern day (2003) version in the next image.
John Knoll photo