Click on the image to see a larger view.
The Hotel Sheridan is under construction in preparation for Manchester's Centennial Celebration in 1923. It was built by John F. Sheridan, then retired police chief. The Sheridan once stood nearly on the corner of Pearl Street. A billboard can be seen covering the expanse between the hotel and the corner. Eventually the billboard would be removed and parking space provided for permanent residents of the Sheridan Apartments. The trolley tracks are located near the middle of the street as we approach the center. Note the gas pump north of the hotel at street side. Wouldn't OSHA have fun with that?
John Knoll photo