Click on the image to see a larger view.
From left to right; Chief Sam Gordon, Capt. Herman Schendel, Sgt. Michael Fitzgerald, officers "Red" Crockett, William Glenney, Bing Fitzgerald, William Barron, Rudy Wirtalla, Jack McGlinn, and Joseph Foley. The motorcycle, a 1921 Indian, and a cruiser made up their inventory of vehicles, a total of two. By 1925 the fleet grew by two more motorcycles.
Years later, in 1954, under the leadership of Chief Schendel, the Almshouse above would be converted to the town's Police Station. This structure would finally be destroyed in 1996, making way for today's modern facility.
This photo appears through the generosity of the Manchester Police Department, Officer Jonas Searle, former Department Historian.