Click on the image to see a larger view.
In April of 1922 the school children of Manchester were given a special treat - a trolley ride from the corner of Wells Street to Laurel Park, then due south of Wickham Park. According to local historian Gladys S. Adams (1910-2001), "Laurel Park fell into disuse....The last mention of it was ‘In October 1923 a dance was held in honor of Manchester’s Centennial, after which the park was closed for the winter.’"
The old car heading south on Main Street is approaching the intersection of Main and Charter Oak Streets. The building seen at the terminus was a feed and grain store in our time and before that the W.H.Cheney's Store stood at this location.
John Knoll photo