Click on the image to see a larger view.
The Manchester Herald was operating out of a two story building on Hilliard Street until November 18, 1922, when it was gutted by fire. The Hartford Courant was quick to come to their rescue and print the paper for a week while the Herald set up temporary operations on Oak Street. Three weeks later, the Herald was back in operation in its Hilliard Street plant. They would in 1928 move to Bissell Street. The building originally built by the Knights of Columbus.
The Herald published its newspaper from December 7, 1881 until June 28, 1991.
John Knoll photo