Click on the image to see a larger view.
Shriners in parade. The procession passes the Eldridge Homestead and the New York Market. Today the building that housed the New York Market is owned by the Guinipero family. The Eldridge homestead once served as the town library after the Ninth District School and Library fire in 1913. The books were rescued from the Ninth District School Library as the fire raged. Miss Eldridge allowed the library to occupy the lower two floors of her lovely mansion while she lived on the third level. The building seen in the upper left is located on the north corner of Maple Street.
John Knoll photo