Click on the image to see a larger view.
We find Mary behind the soda fountain counter next to her brother Louis.
Mary Guinipero and brother Louis operated Mary’s Soda Shop on lower Main Street from 1938 to 1956. The shop’s counter was moved to the Sunny Side Up restaurant, where it continues to serve customers. The Guinipero family still owns property on Main Street, including the site of the Forest Tavern (1933-1979), now the location of newer stores, some selling antiques.
For additional information on the Guinipero family, please see the next page.
Photo appears through the courtesy of the Manchester Historical Society. Caption by Susan Barlow.