Benefits of membership in the Manchester Historical Society include:
- Free, unlimited admission to our three museums: Old Manchester Museum, The Cheney Homestead Museum, and The Keeney Schoolhouse Museum.
- A subscription to our quarterly newsletter, The Courier.
- A free copy of the book, "The Miracle Workers," upon joining (a $15 value; pick up at History Center -- shipping not included); first-time members only.
- Reduced admission to lectures and to special events.
- Member participation and voting privileges at the Annual Meeting in the fall.
- An invitation to our Annual Dinner.
- The opportunity to be a part of an important community organization dedicated to preserving Manchester's rich and varied history.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Guides and helpers for our annual tours by school children.
- Receptionists, museum store workers, and helpers at the History Center, Monday thru Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Docents at the Old Manchester Museum in the spring, summer and fall.
- Accessioning items and artifacts.
- Participating on committees, such as the Event Planning committee and Homestead committee.
- Working at events, such as our Sunday lectures and open houses.
- Assisting with administration, membership rolls, photocopying, etc.
- Curating and preserving objects in the collection.
- Cataloging papers, photos, and objects.
- Caring for the buidings and grounds, and "handyman" work, including joining our Thursday night crew.
- Making display fixtures and other items for our exhibits.
- Decorating and arranging displays.
- Researching genealogical and historical information.
Types of Membership (all are annual and can start at any month; Life membership, a one-time only payment, available only to individuals and couples):
|• Individual senior (age 65+)||$20|
|• Contributing Individual||$60|
|• Contributing Family||$100|
|• Student (age 18 years or under)||$5|
|• Annual Corporate||$500|
|• Life - Individual||$500 one-time payment|
|• Life - Couple||$1000 one-time payment|
Contributing memberships in the Manchester Historical Society provide the following additional benefit: A $5.00 coupon good towards purchases in the Museum Shop.
Life memberships in the Manchester Historical Society provide the following additional benefits: A ten percent discount on purchases in the Museum Shop, and a personalized Certificate of Life Membership.
To join the Manchester Historical Society, click the link below to print the "Donation and Membership Form" and mail with your check to the Manchester Historical Society, 175 Pine Street, Manchester, CT 06040.
Support the Historical Society by giving a Gift Membership.
A membership in the Manchester Historical Society makes a wonderful gift for anyone who is interested in Manchester's history or who grew up in the area. To encourage new gift memberships, we are offering a complimentary copy of The Miracle Workers with each new membership that you give (this applies to new memberships only, not to renewal memberships).
• Donation and Membership Form. If this is a gift or memorial/honoring contribution, please include that information in a separate note with the form.