WHAT IS S.H.A.R.E.?
S.H.A.R.E. is a collaboration between historic, arts, recreation and educational institutions located in
South Manchester. Representatives from these institutions began meeting in May of 2008 to explore ways to work
together and to promote the South Manchester area and its cultural institutions.
WHO IS INVOLVED IN S.H.A.R.E.?
S.H.A.R.E. participants include:
• Cheney Hall/Little Theatre of Manchester
• The Connecticut Firemen's History Museum
• Downtown Manchester Special Services District
• The Greater Hartford Arts Council
• Lutz Children’s Museum
• Manchester Historical Society
• Mary Cheney Library
• Crimson ART Box
• Manchester High School
1) To create an identity for the South Manchester assets area.
2) To promote the area and its assets as a whole.
3) To promote collaboration between assets located in the South Manchester area.
4) To identify volunteer resources for collaboration members.
5) To demonstrate the value of the organizations who are a part of S.H.A.R.E.
S.H.A.R.E. Annual Events
First Saturday in December – SHARE the Holidays! A variety of activities, demonstrations,
programs are offered at the Lutz Children’s Museum, Downtown locations, Mary Cheney
Library, Cheney Hall, Manchester Historical Society sites and the Connecticut Fire Museum
from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A free and festive trolley takes you and your friends and family to all
locations, and almost all events are free or have a small charge!
Heritage Day SHARE activities – The second Saturday in June, as part of Pride in
Manchester Week, SHARE sites (see SHARE the Holidays above) again, offer a variety of activities,
many outside, for everyone to enjoy! Climb up on all kinds of trucks at the Lutz, pump the oldfashioned
water hoses at the Fire Museum, see Art shows or performances at Cheney Hall and
take a tour up in the cat walk, hear great stories at the Library and visit the Loom Exhibit at the
Historical Society and the 1800’s classroom at the Schoolhouse. These are just a few of the
things you might do as the schedule changes from year to year, so find out more by getting in
touch with a SHARE location! And that wonderful trolley is available this day as well!
See our Facebook page for more information,
or call one of the SHARE partners!