Related Genealogical Web Sites Frequently Asked Questions Genealogy Research Form
The Genealogy Group of the Manchester Historical Society consists of Society members who have an abiding interest in genealogy, as it applies to their own families and to families in Manchester and in the wider community.
The Group is open to amateurs and experts alike. The only requirement is that those in the Group must be Society members, but newcomers are welcome to join, and and non-members may attend for a $3.00 fee. Our field trips may require paying admission fees at the hosting location.
To assist and support members and friends in
• researching their own and othersí family ancestors
• pursuing genealogical learning experiences, including learning from other group members.
We will collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit family research and artifacts.
|Program Coordinator||Dianne Bordeaux Lentifirstname.lastname@example.org||860-643-0429|
Our Meeting Schedule and information on past meetings.
Our Group meets on the second Tuesday of the month, usually at the Manchester History Center, 175 Pine Street in Manchester, from 10:00 a.m. to noon. Check Events for upcoming meetings and events.
Read about past meetings here:
• September 2014 meeting, including a List of Historical Society resources that was distributed by curator Dave Smith at the meeting.
• August 2014 meeting, including information about Manchester Public Library resources and Rob Nankin's presentation.
• July 2014 meeting, including information about Tolland CT library resources and Ivan Robinsonís presentation on the French Canadian Genealogical Societyís library resources.
• May 2014 meeting, including information about the CT State Library and its genealogical resources.
• April 2014 meeting, including "Genograms for Genealogists" summary by Edwin Strickland.
• March 2014 meeting which was a roundtable discussion of genealogical topics.
Contacts, if you have questions
Call or email Kris Miller or Dianne Bordeaux Lenti, using the contact info above.
Volunteer genealogist Dennis Gleeson is sometimes available to assist with genealogy questions at the History Center on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to noon. Phone ahead 860-647-9983.
Driving Directions to The Manchester History CenterFrom Hartford, eastbound on Route 84, Exit 59 to I-384 East. Take Exit 3 off I-384. Right off the exit ramp onto South Main Street. At the first light, take a left onto Hartford Road. Take the second right onto Pine Street. The History Center is on the right, at the corner of Forest Street. The parking lot is just beyond the building.
From Providence, R.I. and Bolton, CT, westbound on I-384 West. Take Exit 3 off I-384. Left off the exit onto Charter Oak Street. Straight through first light (intersection with Main Street), and stay straight -- name of road changes to Hartford Road. Take the second right onto Pine Street. The History Center is on the right, at the corner of Forest Street. The parking lot is just beyond the building.